POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie question about the light_source function. : Re: Newbie question about the light_source function. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie question about the light_source function.
From: gonzo
Date: 8 Nov 2003 00:57:08
Message: <3fac85b4@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
news:cja### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> Colors are composed of 3 float values, one for each of red, green, and
> blue. Although internally their range is practically unlimited, they are
> clipped to the range [0, 1] for output. A value of 1 is full brightness,
> and going higher will not have any effect. If you have 100 green lights
> and 2 red lights, it won't matter how much more brightly lit in green
> the surface is. A point lit with < 2, 100, 0> will appear to be < 1, 1,
> 0> yellow.

That's the best explanation I've seen yet of light_ source output, thank
you.  My question is, what does fade_power do?

If I have a light_source with <7.5,5,1> it's output is white,  however using
a light_source of <.75,.5,.1> with a fade_power of 10 & fade_distance >
distance_to_camera, it's output still looks amber.

RG